What
  • Dance Classes
  • Dance Fitness Classes
Where

Category: Community

28 August

The MOVE IT dance festival descends on the massive London Excel centre for a long weekend every spring. Having launched in 2006, MOVE IT now self-advertises as the ‘the world’s biggest [and best] dance event’. Although the dance and performance arts festival doesn’t spill over to both halls in the Excel Centre, there are plenty […]

Read More
04 August

The iconic Pineapple Dance Studios in London celebrates their 40th birthday this year. To commemorate the occasion, Pineapple Dance hosted an open dance day – offering 40 free classes to the public. On the morning of Sunday 28 July, just a day after International Dance Day, the daylong celebration began with an impressive ‘Mexican heat […]

Read More
02 July

Thanks to both America’s Got Talent and Britain’s Got Talent, dance group Another Kind of Blue became a household name. Their stirring dance performances incorporate moving projections in a way that creates exciting illusions and helps viewers to understand the moving stories. Another Kind of Blue is currently touring their mixed bill, Flirt with Reality. […]

Read More
18 June

Admittedly, I rarely danced ballet every day; but I did dance regularly. From the age of 10 I took weekly ballet class from my small, local studio. The 30-minute sessions, paired with another half hour of another dance genre, stretched into longer class as I trained to earn my first pair of pink satin pointe […]

Read More
11 June

The London Southbank Centre along the Thames was constructed for the Festival of Britain in 1951, and it is currently the UK’s largest arts centre. This massive arts venue welcomes more than six million visitors each year, hosting more than five thousand dance, theatre, music, literature, art and debate events. To learn more about this […]

Read More
10 June

London is one of the world’s finest capitals of culture, but buying tickets to attend extraordinary shows in the city’s divine venues can cost a pretty penny. While London’s Royal Opera House leads the pack in terms of quality and price, they have found a way to increase accessibility to their productions: live screenings of […]

Read More
31 March

There were five main ‘Dance Moms’ when the first season aired on Lifetime in 2011. But there are so many more dance moms that didn’t feature on the high drama television show. These other dance moms still cheer on their children, across many dance genres, and their devotion to their children’s dance education can border […]

Read More
06 February

After the fire, the Battersea Arts Centre reopened to earnest community fanfare, demonstrating what the £13.8 million restoration project accomplished.

Read More
02 February

In this interview, Heatherly shares her experience of teaching dance in Okinawa at the FootLoose Dance studio – along with advice for all dance educators.

Read More
27 January

In this interview, award-winning choreographer Germán Cornejo talks tango, Buenos Aires and performing in ‘Tango Fire’ with Dance Dispatches.

Read More