What
  • Dance Classes
  • Dance Fitness Classes
Where

Category: Community

13 January

Learn how to play these popular Japanese dance arcade games: Dance Revolution (affectionately known as DDR), Dance Evolution and Dance Rush Stardom.

Read More
31 December

Since the ‘Top 9’ Instagram collages were introduced, they’ve become a standard tool to reflect upon the year. We’ve included a snapshot of our most attention grabbing Instagram photos below; but this ‘ Top 9’ remix revisits your nine favorite articles from 2019. These are our three most popular show reviews, dance class reviews and […]

Read More
16 December

The 3D ‘Cunningham’ film sets Merce Cunningham’s work in gorgeous, modern spaces and gives us glimpses into the dogged, visionary artist himself.

Read More
15 October

Gender inequality is an important societal issue – that also needs to be rectified in the dance world. In the dance sector, women greatly outnumber men and keenly welcome them into the fold. However, women are less frequently found in positions of dance leadership than men, and when they do reach Executive / Artistic Director […]

Read More
02 October

Director and choreographer Omari Carter founded The Motion Dance Collective (The MDC), a screendance production company, in 2011. Carter’s award-winning company creates innovative, thought-provoking narratives and has shown work at more than 40 film festivals in the UK and abroad. In addition to producing screendance pieces, The MDC also focuses on educating artists about capturing […]

Read More
01 October

London is home to a large and varied dance scene. You can find all sorts of dance shows, dance lessons – and even dance auditions, if you know where to look. For more than a decade, LondonDance.com provided a useful online forum for the London dance community. Unfortunately, the website has ceased to update on […]

Read More
17 September

London is a fantastic city, made more exciting by its willingness to embrace and promote a variety of cultural arts. Distance-wise, London sits more than 4,000 miles away from the sunny, double island nation of Trinidad and Tobago; but the city will soon get to experience Sonny Blacks’ stage production of Carnival, titled Caribbean Carnival […]

Read More
16 September

After a very belated and very exhausting honeymoon, J and I boarded an EVA Air flight from Taipei to Hong Kong, where we would connect for our last leg to London. I buckled in, but my eyelids were heavy, and I was just about to drift into dreamland when J gave me a stern poke, […]

Read More
11 September

When Bettina Mahoney prepared to move to New York City in the spring of 2019, she planned to host a big dance intensive. From August 5 to 9 2019, The Artistic Director of Fortitude Dance Project  brought her vision to life: an unforgettable week that empowered women through dance. They became a community that consistently […]

Read More
10 September

The winners of this year’s Genée competition were crowned in Toronto, Canada on 29 August. The week-long 2019 ballet competition was held the Four Seasons Centre for the Performing Arts, drawing young talented dancers from around the globe. In the finals, Darrion Sellman (age 15, USA) and Mia Zanardo (age 15, Australia) were awarded gold […]

Read More
09 September

If you’re a dance enthusiast in Buenos Aires, you’ve got to catch a glimpse of Argentine tango. The allure of this intimate social partner dance is irresistible and inextricably tied to the city’s identity. My impassioned taxi driver even told me that residents who don’t know how to dance the tango aren’t true porteños. While not every resident is interested […]

Read More
08 September

Dance Umbrella 2019, a festival celebrating 21st Century choreography, takes over London’s dance venues from 8 – 27 October. The annual Dance Umbrella festival (also known as DU Fest) brings international dance makers to London for a series of shows and discussions. Their aim is “to entice audiences, nurture artists, innovate practice, and stimulate interest […]

Read More